WinRAR is a trialware file archiver utility for Windows, developed by Eugene Roshal of win.rar GmbH. It can create and view archives in RAR or ZIP file formats, and unpack numerous archive file formats. To enable the user to test the integrity of archives, WinRAR embeds CRC32 or BLAKE2 checksums for each file in each archive. WinRAR supports creating encrypted, multi-part and self-extracting archives.
WinRAR is a Windows-only program. An Android application called “RAR for Android” is also available. Related programs include the command-line utilities “RAR” and “UNRAR” and versions for macOS, Linux, FreeBSD, Windows CE, and MS-DOS.
Please check our application chart to see which GigaDrive Plans are eligible to install this application.
- Creation of packed RAR or ZIP archives.
- Unpacking of ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LHA, RAR, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z, ZIP, ZIPX, ZST, 7z,UUE 001 (split) archives, as well as EXE files containing these archive formats
- Checksum (integrity) verification for ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, GZ, BZIP2, RAR, XZ, ZIP and 7z archives
- Multithreaded CPU compression and decompression
- Support for maximum file size of 16 EiB, about 1.8 × 1019 bytes or 18 million TB
- Compression dictionary from 1 MiB to 1 GiB (it is limited to 256 MiB on 32-bit editions of Windows, although 32-bit Windows still can decompress archives with 1 GiB dictionary; default size is 32 MiB)
- Optional 256-bit BLAKE2 file hash can replace default 32-bit CRC32 file checksum
- Optional encryption using AES with a 256-bit key in CBC mode, using key derivation function based on PBKDF2 using HMAC-SHA256
- Optional data redundancy is provided in the form of Reed–Solomon recovery records and recovery volumes, allowing reconstruction of damaged archives (including reconstruction of entirely missed volumes)
- Optional “quick open record” to open RAR files faster
- Ability to create multi-volume (split) archives
- Ability to create self-extracting files (multi-volume self-extracting archives are supported; the self-extractor can execute commands, such as running a specified program before or after self-extraction)
- Support for advanced NTFS file system options, such as NTFS hard and symbolic links
- Support for maximum path length up to 2,048 characters (stored in the UTF-8 format)
- Optional archive comment (stored in the UTF-8 format)
- Optional file time stamp preservation: creation, last access, high precision modification times
- Optional file deduplication
- Advanced backup options, time-stamped files and previous file version retention.
- Navigate to the Application Manager page and search for
- Click icon to open the installation window and tap Install to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, click icon to open the Access Info page. Then click Go To Application to access