TheLounge is a modern web IRC client designed for self-hosting. For an optimal experience, The Lounge must be installed on a server that runs 24/7. Once configured and started, users can access it from their browser or mobile device. The Lounge is a progressive web app (PWA), and can be installed from any modern browser for a native-like experience without having a dedicated app. In private mode, The Lounge acts like a bouncer and a client combined, in order to offer an experience similar to other modern chat applications outside the IRC world. Users can then access and resume their session without being disconnected from their channels. In public mode, it acts as an open chat available to anyone without registration.
The Lounge is entirely free and open source. The Lounge started as a fork of Shout, authored by Mattias Erming. We owe him a lot and thank him very much for his work!
TheLounge is available as an one-click installable app on all of our Gigabox Plans starting from Gigabox Basic series.
- Modern features brought to IRC. Push notifications, link previews, new message markers, and more bring IRC to the 21st century.
- Always connected. Remains connected to IRC servers while you are offline.
- Responsive interface. The client works smoothly on every desktop, smartphone and tablet.
- Free and open-source. The Lounge is open source and licensed under the MIT license.
- Cross platform. It doesn’t matter what OS you use, it just works wherever Node.js runs.
- Multi-user support. Supports multiple user accounts. Share your server with your friends!
- Synchronized experience. Always resume where you left off no matter what device.
- Navigate to the Application Manager page and search for
- Click icon to open the installation window and tap Install to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, click icon to open the Access Info page. Then click Go To Application to access