dupeGuru is a cross-platform (Linux, OS X, Windows) GUI tool to find duplicate files in a system. It’s written mostly in Python 3 and has the peculiarity of using multiple GUI toolkits, all using the same core Python code. On OS X, the UI layer is written in Objective-C and uses Cocoa. On Linux & Windows, it’s written in Python and uses Qt5.
It is meant for finding duplicate files on your computer by either scanning filenames or contents. The filename scan features a fuzzy matching algorithm capable of locating and displaying duplicate filenames even when they do not perfectly match.
dupeGuru works well with music files due to its special Music mode that scans tags. It then displays music-specific information from its duplicate results window. It also works with picture files implementing a similar fuzzy algorithm to locate images that may not be the same but relatively close.
dupeGuru permits you to tweak its matching engine tailoring it to find a specific type of duplicate file. dupeGuru has a preference page in the help file that lists the different scanning engine settings you have available for modification. Additionally, as a safeguard, dupeGuru’s reference directory system, as well as its grouping system, will prevent you from accidentally deleting files.
Dupeguru is available as an one-click installable app on all of our Gigabox Plans starting from Gigabox Mini series.
- It is a tool to find duplicate files on your computer. It can scan either filenames or contents. The filename scan features a fuzzy matching algorithm that can find duplicate filenames even when they are not exactly the same. dupeGuru runs on Mac OS X and Linux.
- It is efficient. Find your duplicate files in minutes, thanks to its quick fuzzy matching algorithm. dupeGuru not only finds filenames that are the same, but it also finds similar filenames.
- It is good with music. It has a special Music mode that can scan tags and shows music-specific information in the duplicate results window.
- It is good with pictures. It has a special Picture mode that can scan pictures fuzzily, allowing you to find pictures that are similar, but not exactly the same.
- It is customizable. You can tweak its matching engine to find exactly the kind of duplicates you want to find. The Preference page of the help file lists all the scanning engine settings you can change.
- It is safe. Its engine has been especially designed with safety in mind. Its reference directory system as well as its grouping system prevent you from deleting files you didn’t mean to delete.
- Navigate to the Application Manager page and search for
- Click icon to open the installation window and tap Install to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, click icon to open the Access Info page. Then click Go To Application to access