Bitwarden is a free and open-source password management service that stores sensitive information such as website credentials in an encrypted vault. The Bitwarden platform offers a variety of client applications including a web interface, desktop applications, browser extensions, mobile apps, and a command-line interface. Bitwarden offers a cloud-hosted service as well as the ability to deploy the solution on-premises.
Vaultwarden is an unofficial Bitwarden server implementation written in Rust. It is compatible with the official Bitwarden clients, and is ideal for self-hosted deployments where running the official resource-heavy service is undesirable.
Vaultwarden is targeted towards individuals, families, and smaller organizations. Development of features that are mainly useful to larger organizations (e.g., single sign-on, directory syncing, etc.) is not a priority, though high-quality PRs that implement such features would be welcome.
Please check our application chart to see which GigaDrive Plans are eligible to install this application.
- Open-source codebase
- Biometric unlock
- Cloud synchronization
- Items types such as logins, secure notes, credit cards, and identities
- End-to-end encryption of the stored vault data
- Password history, so you can see your previous passwords on logins
- Secure sharing of vault items with other Bitwarden users
- Autofill login information into websites and other applications
- Password generator
- Password strength testing tool
- Two-factor authentication via authenticator apps, email, Duo, YubiKey, and FIDO U2F
- File attachments
- TOTP key storage and code generator
- Data breach reports and password exposure checks through Have I Been Pwned?
- Cross-platform client applications
- Self-host the Bitwarden server on-premises
- Login with single sign-on
- Navigate to the Application Manager page and search for
- Click icon to open the installation window and tap Install to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, click icon to open the Access Info page. Then click Go To Application to access