Airsonic is a free, web-based media streamer, providing ubiquitous access to your music. Use it to share your music with friends, or to listen to your own music while at work. You can stream to multiple players simultaneously, for instance to one player in your kitchen and another in your living room.
Airsonic is designed to handle very large music collections (hundreds of gigabytes). Although optimized for MP3 streaming, it works for any audio or video format that can stream over HTTP, for instance AAC and OGG. By using transcoder plug-ins, Airsonic supports on-the-fly conversion and streaming of virtually any audio format, including WMA, FLAC, APE, Musepack, WavPack and Shorten.
- A intuitive web interface with search and index functionality
- An integrated Podcast receiver
- Supports streaming to multiple players simultaneously
- Supports any audio or video format that can stream over HTTP
- Supports on-the-fly conversion and streaming of virtually any audio format and much more
- Built-in sharing options
- Compatible with Subsonic apps
- Navigate to the Application Manager page and search for
- Click icon to open the installation window and tap Install to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, click icon to open the Access Info page. Then click Go To Application to access
- Once the installation is complete, use the default username
admin and password
admin to login.
- Upon successful login, you’ll be greeted with the following welcome message. Click Change Administrator Password to secure your airsonic installation.
- Tick the option Change Password and set your desired password. Then click Save.
- To add your media folders, Navigate to Settings > Media Folders. Enter the absolute path to your music folder which is located under the directory
/storage. You can easily get the path to your music folder by using a FTP/SFTP client.
- Now, Click Scan Media folders now to initialize a full scan of the folder. This will take a while depending on the size of the library.