There are various ways to stream media files from your seedbox to your favourite device.
In this article, we will show you how you can do it using the popular VLC Media Player. VLC includes a fairly easy-to-use streaming feature that can stream music and videos over a local network or the Internet.
- Download and install vlc media player from here.
- Open vlc media player and click Media > Open Network Stream… or press CTRL + N.
- Navigate to the Seedbox Manager page and click Simple Browser. To access this page, use the basic apps login info which you can find in your login email.
- Locate and choose the media file. Right click on it and select Copy link address to save the direct HTTP link of the file to your clipboard.
- Paste the copied link in the field that says Please enter a network URL: and click Play.
- Enter the same username and password you used in step 3.
- Your video should now start playing.
- Install & open VLC For Android from here.
- Grab your FTP credentials using this guide.
Currently the our default FTP server does not support VLC. You need to install
pureftpd from your seedbox control panel and use the corresponding credentials.
Browse button at the bottom panel.
- Click the add button.
- Fill in all the details from step 2.
- Now your FTP connection will appear under the
Favourites section. Click on it and enter the FTP password. Then click Ok.
- That’s all. You can now browse your seedbox storage and play any media files.